Thu, Apr 27|
1 CEH/HSW Architect Lunch & Learn, Mouldings & Doors - The Built In Value of Any Home or Commercial Project
Please join us for lunch while you earn a HSW. At the Requarth Co., we believe that a supplier is more than a product warehouse. A supplier should be a partner in your professional success.
Time & Location
Apr 27, 2023, 11:45 AM – 1:00 PM
Requarth Co., 447 E Monument Ave, Dayton, OH 45402, USA
About the Event
Please join us for lunch while you earn an HSW.
At the Requarth Co., we believe that a supplier is more than a product warehouse. A supplier should be a partner in your business’s success.
Mouldings & Doors ‐ The Built In Value of Any Home or Commercial Project Registered with AIA ‐ Course KMD010 AIA – 1 HSW LU Credit ASID – 1‐hour Course | 0.1 CES Credits A well‐designed trim package not only adds value to your home, it increases the health and well‐being of the people living there. As we look at the design, proportions, scales, parts, value engineering, specie characteristics and jobsite conditions, we will discuss many challenges that can arise when working with raw materials – challenges that if considered at the beginning stage of the design process, could maximize the value of the project relative to design, yield, and meeting client expectations.
At the end of this program, participants will have a better understanding of:
- Design: Better understanding basic key areas in the design phase, which is important to achieve both beauty and functionality.
- Value Engineering: Effectively value engineer a moulding package by understanding common industry standards used when it comes to raw material. Understanding how a moulding is made, and why investing in a well‐ designed millwork package brings value to the homeowner.
- Proportions and Component Parts: Understand basic proportions and scale, in common millwork packages, and the components used to create the desired look when it comes to architectural millwork.
- Species Characteristics: Better understand domestic hardwood species and how they relate to the millwork industry.
- Jobsite Conditions: Explain why jobsite conditions are critical to the long‐term success of the installed millwork package.
If you have questions contact Alan Lee at 937-353-6409 or email@example.com