Thu, Jun 22|
1 CEH/HSW Architect Lunch & Learn, Today's Open Web Floor Joist
Building products have evolved over many generations, but the one constant is the use of wood. Please join us for lunch while you earn a HSW.
Time & Location
Jun 22, 2023, 11:45 AM – 11:50 AM
Requarth Co., 447 E Monument Ave, Dayton, OH 45402, USA
About the Event
Please join us for lunch while you earn an HSW.
At the Requarth Co., we believe that a supplier is more than a product warehouse. A supplier should be a partner in your business’s success.Program: Today's Open Web Floor Joist
Building products have evolved over many generations, but the one constant is the use of wood. From heavy timber and solid-sawn lumber to engineered-wood products, today’s wood solutions are the strongest, most efficient, and most reliable.
Today’s floor systems capitalize on these advancements. This course will delve deeper into the latest all-wood open-web floor joist which features a trimmable end and precision robotic manufacturing. We’ll address safety and performance requirements like load support, fire endurance, sound management and vibration performance. Lastly, we’ll identify the benefits of today’s floor joist including LEED contribution, sustainability, mechanical clearance, time and cost savings, and installation support.
At the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Understand the history of wood building products and the evolution of floor joists.
- Describe today’s floor assemblies including key product advancements: all-wood, open-web finger-joint technology, trimmable end, and precision robotic manufacturing.
- Explain the key performance factors that necessitate proper floor joist placement and installation decisions.
- Identify how today’s all-wood open-web floor joist contributes to environmentally-conscious construction.
- Realize the numerous benefits of choosing the right floor assembly.
If you have questions contact Alan Lee at 937-353-6409 or firstname.lastname@example.org